Sunday, July 26, 2015

Reflection about my diet plan

The problem is that struggle doesn't come easy for me.  However, since when has struggle been easy?  I am rigid in my thinking.  Having a clear set of rules is good.  However, it can get extreme.  The extreme being even if I mess up or if one change has to occur then the struggle becomes even more difficult.  That is what is going on me and has been for a long time.  I remember the doctor telling me on more than one occasion that it is harder to lose weight.  He was right.  I hasn't been smooth sailing since I started on my weight loss journey.  I realize that this is almost the same reflection as yesterday, but I finally get to answer my questions. Reality and change can and are not mutually exclusive.  That is why creating a real to life meal plan has been hard.  I take responsibility since I don't seem to know the difference between a meal plan and a menu.  I realize that though it is minor, I do tend to focus on those little details.  If I don't even get that detail right, I get frustrated.  That is what has been what is or was going on with me.

I am realizing now that the answer was in front of me, for instance.  I am not someone who basically makes the easy things hard.  Today I have decided to create a plan and then create a grocery list based on that plan.  I did do this and unfortunately, the list is way too long still.  I really have no clue how to make a short list.  I would like to be able to spend less money and keep a budget.  It is hard to ask.  However, following the rules go a mighty long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment