Friday, July 24, 2015

Having PCOS can be hard at times.

I have PCOS, which stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.  It is a lot of things with a lot of symptoms. It affects the hormones, menstrual cycle, glucose level, and metabolism.  I can relate to especially the glucose level, and the metabolism. I am a PCOS sufferer who is also a diabetic.  I have always been the perfectionist type so long as I can remember.  Maybe it is time for me to ditch that rigid way of thinking.  It has held me back; that is why it has become a struggle.  I have all of the guidelines and rules and regulations that I have set up for myself.  Why the struggle?  What is the problem?

One thing that has helped me to leave much of the struggle mindset has been exercise.  I has helped me a lot mentally, physically, and emotionally.  I am a person who is starting to finally understand how much of a big step I have taken with the exercise.  I am more motivated than ever to exercise.  Now if I can do the same thing with the diet. I could use some guidance as far as reconciling exercise with a healthy diet.  I admit that I engage in mindless eating and that I make health choices.  They have been made quite often.  I have no excuses, not even the PCOS.  How do I go about reconciling that?  All that I know is to let go and not let the pressure get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment