Thursday, January 1, 2015

Being committed to lose weight

Commitment involves sticking to something that ends up having the desire that one wishes.  In this case, that is my desire to lose weight.  Right now, I am committed to stay on Weight Watchers for a year.  My overall goal is to weigh 212 lbs.  Right now I weigh 298 lbs.  It isn't easy being 5'1" and having a BMI over 50.  I am also a diabetic who is committed to losing the weight and keeping it off. Weight loss is a journey and I find it overwhelming at times meaning it could be daunting.  Yesterday I did some lifting and some stretches and now my thighs are sore.  However, it is well worth it because I was committed to actually doing something about my back pain.  I do wonder if the back pain is more about weight loss and less (even a little bit) about aging.  I am not sure about my plans I have for exercise, but I realize that they should include stretching and other exercises such as walking.  My older plan was to exercise 5 days a week for at least 10-30 minutes per day.  So far, I can exercise for at least 30 minutes on a treadmill and at least 10-15 minutes on a stepper.  I usually take breaks on Sundays and Tuesdays, but now to think of it, that has something I realize has increased my lack of will to exercise.  Maybe all I need to do is to follow the Weight Watchers plan instead of just my own plan.  Just following instructions will make the weight loss journey that much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment