Friday, January 1, 2016

Q&A Session

I have answered many questions along the way during my journey and in my blogs.  I guess in essence, this will be a Q&A sort of speak.

How do I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a holiday? Have I made excuses instead of reasons to actually lose weight? Should I create a diet or exercise plan now? How do I learn to eat healthy this holiday season?  How do I start a weight loss plan starting from or after this holiday season? Why do I make things so hard on myself? What can I do to make things easier?  Where do I begin?

I will be a much healthier person if only I were to get rid of all of that processed food.  My question is, how?  According to one website, my carb intake should be less than 173 carbs for my height, age, and weight.   How do I go about doing so?

The above two paragraphs are questions that I have been asking for a long time now.  Without hypocrisy, the real answer is, I have unintentionally setting myself up for failure for years.  I didn't realize it.  I have struggled with even the simplest tasks.  Even the simplest of instructions have become harder to follow.  That has been why I had to ask these questions more than once.  It is quite tiresome.

To try to answer the rest of the questions, it will be hard to make plans for the holidays, but eating like I have can have its share of pitfalls.  The truth is, I wanted to gain weight.  Sometimes my mindset I admit is a bit backwards.  Now I don't wish to gain any more weight.  I should create both a workable and realistic diet and exercise plan.  I have had the answers all along. I have already created plan after plan after plan.  While following them have been hard, I have to realize that things no matter how difficult can be done.  I guess building up on those plans or at least taking parts of the plans and learn and follow them help.  Either way, anything is better than continue to struggle because of a failure to try and to learn.

Edited Diet and Journal Goals

  • • I don't care to consume more than 2000 calories per day unless stated otherwise to lose weight.
  • • I will go to the refrigerator and be patient enough to write a meal plan for the day or week, which will be realistic so that I won't end up changing my mind during the day.
  • • I will make sure that whenever I write a grocery list, it is healthy and it includes the entire     household.
  • • My plan is to follow a realistic diet schedule that is easy to follow.
  • • Determine if I am really hungry in terms of the foods I eat (per meal).
  • • I will write down trigger foods or drink.
  • • Read and write down nutrition labels so that I can track down the specific health contents of my foods.
  • • Be specific; write down times, trigger foods, nutrition, meals, and portions.
  • • I will shorten the grocery list.
  • • Do an inventory of the foods that I will consume for the next day, week, 2 weeks, or month.
  • I will also write down the number of carbs per meal per day.  


Edited Exercise Journal Goals

  • Consider schedule for week.
  • Consider how much time to exercise.
  • Consider what exercises I am able to do.
  • Consider the time of day when to exercise.
  • Consider my mindset period.
  • Consider my health.
  • Consider if I am in need of equipment for said exercise such as shoes or weights.
  • Consider the length of the actual exercise.
  • Consider if I am able to exercise that long.
  • Consider why I think exercise, in my mind, is still somewhat drudgery.
  • Consider what my own motivation is to exercise.
  • Consider my emotional and physical state during exercise.              
  • Consider how I am supposed to gauge how much work I have done.
  • Consider my results and not forget to log them.
  • Consider the number of times to exercise per day.


What I am starting with:

Current Weight: 311 lbs.
Goal Weight: 120 lbs.

Current BMI: 58.8
Goal BMI: 22-23

Current Body Fat Percentage: ~71%
Goal Body Fat Percentage: ~ 22%

Medical Conditions to consider:
Type 2 Diabetes
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Obesity
Disc degeneration
Anxiety
GERD

Current Appearance: Proportionate except large belly; apple shaped
Goal Appearance: Slender, yet curvy proportionate body with a flat stomach

Groundwork for an exercise plan


  • Prepare clothes for exercise the night before.
  • Start off slow.
  • Don't worry too much.
  • Make a schedule.
  • Be realistic about the schedule.
  • Be specific about the exercise schedule.






No comments:

Post a Comment