Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Making plans

I have a confession to make.  I did not exercise today.  As a matter of fact, I haven't really made any plans to exercise.  Should I start off slow?  What should I do?  I know when it comes to food, small changes are to be made.  That is a given.  How about exercise?  Getting motivation and having the drive are what I have in the beginning only to falter.  I start too much too soon.  I have followed exercising for 15 minutes, even at least 20 minutes.  Maybe, just maybe I should start off much slower, if that makes any sense.

Dear Heavenly Father,

It does make sense.  However, I still question that.  I am still deciding if I should walk or perform another exercise.  I would like nothing more than to get into shape.  However, that would also require healthy eating.  I admit that potato chips, 5 slices of bread, and a sandwich does not and probably won't constitute healthy eating.  I would like a mindset change more than just writing things down and just make a plan that doesn't seem to work for me.  I have become frustrated over the last few years that I feel like giving up.  Right now, this is the reason why I am taking a break from actually formulating a plan, or rather a menu or guide.  I want to do more than to create a proposed menu or a guide to exercise.  I would like to actually follow a meal and diet plan for the day or for the week.  It seems so much easier for others to do so than it is for me.  I have the ground rules and I understand what to do, but it hasn't sunk in mentally what I need to do.  I have become frustrated despite everything, even the groundwork.  Maybe if I follow the instructions and do this for me and allow these rules to "sink in" then maybe it will be easier.  The issues are really a short attention span and a lack of patience.  They cause a change of mind about what I have planned to do which in tern causes anxiety and frustration.  I ask for and need patience to formulate plans and the attention span to actually follow the plan by the letter, if I can.  I also ask to overcome and anxiety about this situation. Lord, I leave things in Your hands.  I thank You that all I have to do is to cast these cares upon You.

In Jesus' name,  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment