Thursday, June 9, 2016

Today's reflection 6/9/16

Right now, I feel just fine about what I have eaten today.  I am doing well despite going over the limit.  I have eaten 1600 calories so far, which isn't so bad considering all of the exercising I have been doing.  However, I have not done such a good job yesterday.  I just hope and continue to lose weight.  I however, am concerned about gaining weight.  I still give in to my "hunger", but am I truly hungry?  Am I really dehydrated as a result of the "hunger" that I feel.  I realize that I need to have a better relationship with food.  I consume healthy food and drink, but I don't consume healthy portions of food, nor do I always consider the fact that I am a diabetic who just cannot each anything to my heart's desire.  I have to deal with so-called healthy foods that are actually unhealthy, like crackers, ice cream, and chocolate.

I love these things, but I realize that they don't love me back.  That is what I have to learn.  I live in a world where either many have a "better relationship" with food, or have no food at all.  I have not been grateful for what I have.  I live in a nation where the majority of us even have any kind of relationship with food, and that includes myself.  I have written a prayer a few months ago about this.  Maybe if I were more grateful, then I would be able to follow a plan.  I am not so sure if there is a connection there, but I realize that the world is a big place (that has gotten smaller) and that there is much to choose from, at least in my neck of the world.  I am just grateful for all things.  I am also grateful that I have had the opportunities to create and follow the plans that I have tried to follow for myself.  Notwithstanding the fact that sometimes we are always busy and I tend to get busy quite often.  Well, anyways  I have decided not to create a plan for tomorrow. However, I have also decided that I have a lot to learn not just about making plans, but to create a plan to have a healthier relationship with food by making healthier choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment