Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Day 3 Meal Plan from Good Housekeeping (with exercise)

Simple.  I plan to walk.  Walking I have been advised is a great exercise even for my back.  I haven't walked in a long time, not at least as an exercise.  Walking and exercise in general has many benefits and it would do much as far as how my mind works for instance.  My plan is to walk tomorrow morning.

Day 3
Breakfast

• Oatmeal: In the microwave, cook 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats with 3/4 cup fat-free milk; 1/2 apple, chopped; 1 teaspoon honey; and a pinch of cinnamon

Lunch

• Chicken salad: Toss 4 ounces shredded skinless roast chicken breast with 1/4 cup sliced red grapes, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream. Serve over lettuce.

• 1 banana

Dinner

• 4 ounces steamed shrimp

• 1 baked potato topped with 3 tablespoons salsa and 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream

• 3 cups spinach, steamed

• 1 low-fat frozen fudge bar

No comments:

Post a Comment