Thursday, February 5, 2015

Meal planning is quite important

Today showed me the importance of not allowing myself to be overwhelmed by eating so much.  It is now time to formulate a meal plan.  How hard can it be?  Should I do a meal plan for a week?  No, I live with another person.  How about per meal?  That wouldn't make any sense.  I am not sure the but most realistic thing is per day.  I would also like to know if I should plan in advance then grocery shopping or should I grocery shop then plan meals in advance.  So far, everything seems to overwhelm me.  I know now that weight loss is an individual journey so even the littlest mistake can overwhelm me.  I cannot say that for other people who are on the same journey.  I am not on the same path or even the same destination.  The reasons are also different though I rather not write them down.

Items for me to check off:
64 total ounces of water per day
3-6 servings of fruits and vegetables per day
2-3 servings of dairy per day
3 tsp total of healthy oils
10 minutes at least of activity per day
1 multivitamin per day


So far, I have to confess.  I am now on the Weight Watchers plan and I have learned that because I get so hung up on points and numbers, I can even allow those to throw me off.  Right now, I am at 40 points per day and 49 points per week.  My goal is to stay within the 40 daily points and consuming no more than 7 points per day.  By the way, activity points are very helpful.  From what I know, 10 minutes of low impact exercise equal one WW Activity point.  I can expect to lose between 0,5-2 pounds per week.  I would love to lose at least a pound a week.  I would like to remember that when it comes to weight loss, " low and slow is the way to go".  It is best to never rush.

I cannot think of anything to eat at the moment, but here are my points to consume in advance for tomorrow, 2/6/15:

Morning
2 points
1 dairy
1 fruit
1 multivitamin
8 full oz of liquid

Midday
18 points
2 fruits
12 full oz of liquid

Evening
10 points
1 fruit
12 full oz of liquid

Anytime
10 points
2 fruits and vegetables
10-20 minutes of activity
32 total oz of liquid



No comments:

Post a Comment