Thursday, September 22, 2016

Rules and questions

Things that I have learned today:
1. Watch portions; realize that the portions that are too small are actually larger and make me feel full.
2. Watch what one puts in my body
3. Be honest with caloric intake, even if 1,000 calories above goal.  Write or type it all down.  Whatever the reason write it all down.
4. Don't feel so bad because of the scale; treat the scale as a guide not as an idol.
5. Eat until I am full.
6. Drink lots of water
7. Exercise
8. If above rules haven't been followed, there are always learning to do things better the next time
9. It is okay to not beat myself up
10. It is also okay to never give up.

This could be of great help to planning my meals and an exercise routine.  Tomorrow, I will be taking a break from exercise as I will be busy.  However, maybe being busy is not a good reason however. The good thing about me is that I want to lose weight but not be obsessed about it.  I have learned lately how important my health is to me.  My heart is in it.  I need to lose weight.  I am saddened that I have allowed myself to get so large.  I feel guilty about gaining weight.  It is now too late to turn back the clock.  The truth is, all I have are the present and the future.  My diet goal is to consume no more than 1700-1800 calories.  I want to consume 1200-1500 calories per day, but it has been hard. Eating such a small amount of calories can be quite hard to follow.

I confess.  My weight goes up and down.  It is because of a roller coaster of poor eating habits one day and learning to improve the next day.  Maybe I should have an 11th rule.  Don't worry about I cannot change.  The only thing that I can change for the moment is the present and a change in my attitude.  My heart is into losing weight.  I don't feel like a failure because I have tried to lose weight and at one time, I have lost a lot of weight only to gain it back.  However, feeling guilty will make my weight loss journey worse.  I have been following other people's rules and cared what others think so much that I have not taken a long, hard look at just me.  Just me.  I want to be honest.  I want to be real, no matter if the truth hurts. My goal isn't just to lose weight, but to change my outlook on my journey.  The question is, why?  Why do I really want to lose weight?  What are my real goals? What do I like to do?  What can I do?  Where do I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment