Saturday, April 25, 2015

Reflections concerning this particular blog

I often write entries in this blog concerning my diet and exercise plans mostly for the next day.  I am disappointed that I don't always follow through on my plans.  I would like to do a better job on how to formulate a plan that I can stick to.  I admit that I don't.  That would help me go a long way into losing weight.  I have goals.  I am self-conscious of my appearance.  I tend to see a rather large woman in the mirror who considers herself not as attractive as she could be.

I know I need to lose weight and I would like to.  My goals are changing and that is the problem.  It would have been nice that I could have had a set goal to stick to.  Now I am concerned.  I wanted to lose 10 pounds by next week.  It was a goal that I had in mind but I feel like I have failed.  I was considered a person who had not progressed and while it is quite a motivation, even that was not of help.  How and why did not get the memo?  All I have to do is diet and exercise.  Simple right?  No, not without much support or even the wisdom to carry out the knowledge that I have.  I would like to make realistic goals about my eating habits and my exercise regimen, which I really need help on.

Anyways, my real goals are to lose 1-2 pounds a week by formulating a realistic, specific regimen of exercises that interest me.  However, that is for another blog.  While my eating has improved, I still go over my food limit and especially my snack limit.  I consume way too many points per meal.  I would like to not worry so much and end up consuming so much that I will gain all of my weight back.  That has happened before.  I was even overwhelmed about being overwhelmed.  That has been the major struggle to my weight loss endeavors.  I would like to lose exactly 109 pounds within the course of 18 months.  I think that is a doable goals.  As I mentioned earlier, I would like to lose 1-2 pounds a week.  I would also like to cut back on sweets, salt, and fried foods, which I am slowly doing.  I don't care much for fried foods anymore, but I do snack a lot, I overeat at night, and I do add too much salt and other spices to my foods.  Those are the things that I would like to deal with.  Spacing out my eating and snack times help.  Measuring out my foods and limit my intake of salt and sugar are also of great help.  While those can be difficult, they are not daunting tasks.

Losing weight is very important to me in that one of my first goals was to lose weight.  I have struggled most of my life.  I never really felt good about my appearance.  I was either too overweight, or I wasn't pretty enough, or smart enough.  I had self-image issues for many years and those are the things that not only do I need help in, but I would like to improve that self-image.  I have come to realize that beauty, self-worth, or intelligence does not come with a certain shape or size.  Knowing my self-worth is important regardless of the number on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment